Sunday, November 28, 2010

Why Are My Avacado Trees Dying?

Moretti Omero diary on New Year's Eve Cruise Freya

18 novembre 2010
We started well, we had a nice breeze off from Tenerife and to date has been generous, but now (and afternoon) there was a bit 'and then I left the engine running because the sails flapped too, the My fear is always to break them.
The weather report that I got me a bit 'more wind in the south so that's where I'm headed.
position 25 ° 57'N 18 ° 30'W missing 2,493 miles to Martinique
November 19, 2010
The crew begins to become familiar with Freya, the wind is dropped and the crew is a bit 'better. In
day we had hoisted the spinnaker, so you can take advantage of what little there was, but tonight they take it down by night and is easier to keep the genoa spinnaker pole.
This is my position: 24 ° 02'N 20 ° 38'W missing 2362 miles to Martinique.
November 20, 2010
Today is a beautiful day, not very clear due to a disturbance that is passing to the north, which also results in a calm wind. We threw the hook and promptly hooked a dolphin a couple of pounds to cook tonight with baked potatoes in the usual way, for everything else is fine.
22 ° 33'N 22 ° 47'W missing 2232 miles but gradually fall.
November 21, 2010
20 ° 51'N 25 ° 04'W 2094
missing
It 's always more difficult to send mail when we are close to the Caribbean we have a better spread. For two days I try to download a file and I can not forecast. At night there is a chance but even if sometimes I wake up I forget to turn on the machine.
However, the situation is critical but not tragic: a strong disturbance in the Atlantic deprives us of any wind, the latest forecasts are not very comforting but all in all diesel until we go forward.
November 22, 2010
20 ° 07'N 26 ° 38'W
Also this morning the sun splitting the stones and very little wind, but we try to take advantage of that. I predict that the situation will be unlocked very easily in the short term so I have to save fuel, so I try to start the engine as late as possible. Unfortunately, it crosses the road and the crew feels more and more on holidays, sometimes ignoring the most elementary safety rules. There
2000 Martinique, slowly falling.
November 23, 2010
Our position 19 ° 00'N 28 ° 32'W 1888
We're all missing good morale is high even if the wind is almost completely absent.
only during the day gets a slight breeze so we can turn off the engine and save fuel. There is a lull of the Virgin Mary but there is always the worst, the wind will it only takes a little 'patience.
November 24, 2010 23:30
17 ° 22'N 30 ° 08'W
We are still no wind, fortunately without sea, ora.Una disruption in the coming days we will go over and give us hope that contrary winds and a little hard. We're still going down south to escape further possibile.Questa disturbance and the distance I will cause difficulties with the mail during the day and now I can not receive, and then do it at night.
November 25, 2010
The wind this year is not present and therefore we are very slow, but this happens more often, nothing is more equal, otherwise everything is peaceful.
The crew got to know everything and is perfectly adequate, to eat greedily, but I can not lower our guard but this is normal.
Today we caught two nice fish (dorado), the first I did raw for lunch the other that is bigger than the cook in the oven tonight.
My position: 16 ° 10'N 31 ° 01'W
Mancano1729 the goal
November 26, 2010
Here we've created a sort of challenge so at least I keep them a bit 'busy.
Tonight a crew member phoned her daughter who lives in England and discovered that we follow through the blog.
Looking at the sky I see that all the time bodies pass through clouds, which mark the presence of a large instability, so I'm down so low now, because where I am not anything serious should happen at the most we will be no wind. Heap definitely late for the cruise which starts on 12 because I have to clean the boat when we arrive.
Our location: 14 ° 43'N 33 ° 10'W, from there we are getting closer, missing 1600 miles arrival
November 27, 2010
In this corner is doing a hot Executioner, also no wind today. Hear about in the late morning everyone to pull on the spinnaker but after a few hours we had to desist, and then again motore.Oggi to have occupied the cockpit with the computer to download pictures and movies, at first I wrinkled my nose but then I left to do: I have to give a little 'distraction, but at night I find a bit' of svaccamento by surprise when I go to check. This situation is getting heavy, however we can not do anything, you must have patience. As I write I heard a sizzle and I did not remember to have the water coming up the couscous. Tonight is Saturday, you go to the engine I made chicken wings with vegetables and couscous. We finished the bread. The
nostra.posizione: 14 ° 49N 35 ° 11'W 1489
missing
Atlantic Ocean View 29 th crossing Homer Moretti
November 28, 2010
The weather situation I am describing is certainly an unusual journey, that certainly never written, I would have done without, but at least it's something of diverso.Oggi we had a diversion, some time we have crossed the route of giving birth to a minimum wind during their lunch. This time he brought a little 'benefit of the mood of the crew, too bad it did not last long, everything is back to normal. I just ordered to descend to the south even though we are now at a latitude of Martinique because here continue to transition fronts, and finding no barriers will certainly all in the Mediterranean. It will be a cold winter to you. However, my position is 14 ° 41'N 36 ° 59'W There
1384.

0 comments:

Post a Comment